COVID Health & Safety Plan from Mount Baker Theatre
Updated August 16, 2021
The safety of our audiences, crew, and performers are our top priority. To help make every event you attend at our House as safe and enjoyable as possible, Mount Baker Theatre is following all CDC, state, and local guidelines as well as industry specific safety practices. These measures reduce risk and allow us to bring you the live events we all love.
We continue to actively monitor the ever-changing health situation and will keep adjusting as needed. Please check back for the latest information.
-John Purdie, Executive Director
COVID Health & Safety Policy
Proof of Vaccination
MBT requires proof of vaccination for entry to all events. Those individuals unable to be fully vaccinated, including children under 12, must have proof of a negative Covid test* (taken within 72 hours of performance). MBT staff will check for proof of vaccination/negative Covid tests at the doors as a condition of entry.
*PLEASE NOTE: Some events, such as Bellingham Symphony Orchestra concerts, will not accept a negative COVID test as an alternative to being vaccinated.
Click here for Washington State vaccine locator
Click here for Washington State COVID testing locator
Masks are required for all patrons regardless of vaccination status, except when actively eating or drinking. Per public health guidance, children age 2 and under are not required to wear a mask.
Fully Vaccinated Patrons
A patron is considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after the final dose of a COVID vaccine. Documentation of vaccination status must be shown with valid I.D. upon entry to the venue and available upon request at any time.
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
- Matching photo ID, AND
- vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered) OR
- a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR
- a photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR
- documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record
Patrons unable to be vaccinated, including children under 12, will be required to show proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours prior to the performance or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to the performance.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- Matching photo ID, AND
- printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR
- an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
- The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result (for PCR test, date of negative result must be within prior 72 hours; for antigen test, date of negative result must be within prior 24 hours).
Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, a laboratory, or a health care provider cannot be accepted.
COVID Health & Safety Practices
- All employees are fully vaccinated.
- MBT's HVAC cycles the air in the building every 10 minutes, pulling in 100% fresh external air and exhausting 100% outside.
- Plexiglas sneeze guards are installed at ticket windows and concession stations.
- Contactless payment methods are encouraged (e.g. credit cards with RFID Chips or other Near Field Communication [NFC] devices).
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, including entries, concession stations, and restrooms.
- Touchpoints are reduced and all high-touch areas (counters, doors, etc.) are frequently sanitized.
- Mount Baker Theatre reserves the right to perform a contactless temperature check of patrons as needed.