Mount Baker Theatre's COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
We are thrilled to safely welcome you back into your historic Mount Baker Theatre. Your health and safety are our top priority.
To ensure every event you attend at our House is a safe and enjoyable experience, Mount Baker Theatre is following all CDC guidelines as well as recommendations developed specifically for the theatre industry by leading epidemiologists through CinemaSafe.
By cooperatively committing to these processes together, we can make joyful outings at MBT a reality once again! Guidelines are subject to change as new information develops.
Here’s what you can expect from MBT when you visit:
- MBT is limited to 13.3% total occupancy (only 200 of 1,517 seats) to ensure a safe distance between each pair of seats.
- Paired seats (and a few groups of 4) are staggered to avoid patrons crossing by each other in a row. View seat map below.
- MBT’s HVAC cycles the air in the building six times an hour with up to 100% external air.
- Distancing markers are installed to maintain 6ft distance in concession and restroom lines.
- Touchpoints are reduced and all high-touch areas (counters, doors, etc.) are frequently sanitized.
- Concessions are moved to Encore Room to effectively distance between three stations.
- Plexiglas sneeze guards are installed at ticket windows and concession stations.
- Contactless payment methods are encouraged (e.g. credit cards with RFID Chips or other Near Field Communication [NFC] devices).
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, including entries, concession stations, and restrooms.
- Coat check is self-serviced.
- Bathroom capacities are monitored to prevent crowding.
- There are no intermissions.
- Water fountains are turned off. (Bottled water is available for purchase in concessions.)
- All employees and volunteers are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before the start of each shift.
- All employees & volunteers are required to wear PPE appropriate for their job function at all times (face masks, face shields, gloves, goggles, etc.).
- Mount Baker Theatre reserves the right to perform a contactless temperature check of patrons during disease outbreaks.
Here's what we need from you:
- Please do not attend an event if you are feeling unwell, have a temperature, or have been knowingly exposed to COVID-19.
- Please bring and wear a mask—face coverings are required in the Theatre for all patrons at all times, unless you are eating or drinking in your seat.
- Please remain 6ft apart when entering the building and follow 6ft markers and directive signage.
- If you feel unsafe or unwell at an event, please find an event manager and we will work to make necessary arrangements.
- Please read and agree to the current COVID-19 Terms & Conditions when purchasing event tickets.
Socially Distanced Seat Map